CV Olympia-Ekaterini Psathaki
From 1989 to 1996 Katherina Psathaki studied Biology (Dipl. Biol.) at the University of Osnabrück and the University of Crete. She did her diploma thesis in Zoology.From 1999 on she worked as a doctoral student at the Institute of Biochemistry of the Westphalian Wilhelms University of Münster with Prof. Dr. H.J. Galla. She received her PhD in 2003. From 2000 to 2008 she studied Landscape Development (Dipl. Ing.) at the University of Applied Sciences in Osnabrück and the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. She did her diploma thesis in Marine Ecology.
In 2004 Katherina Psathaki startet her Postdoc in the lab Prof. Dr. Hans R. Schöler at the Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Münster, Germany. Here, she received a Max-Planck fellowship for the period 2004 to 2008.
Since 2015 Katherina Psathaki works as a guest scientist at the Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Biomedicine in Münster, Germany with Prof. Dr. Hans R. Schöler. Furthermore, since 2015 she leads the Electron Microscopy Unit at the Center for Advanced Light and Electron Microscopy at the University of Osnabrück.
- McDonald M, Sebinger D, Brauns L, Gonzalez-Cano L, Menuchin-Lasowski Y, Psathaki OE, Stumpf A, Rauen T, Schöler HR, Jones PD (2020) A mesh microelectrode array for non-invasive electrophysiology within neural organoids. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.09.02.279125
- Mavrommatis M, Jeongn HW, Gomez-Giro G, Stehling M, Kienitz MC, Psathaki OE, Bixel MG, Morosan-Puopolo G, Gerovska D,. Araúzo-Bravo MJ, Jens C. Schwamborn, Schöler HR, Adams RH, Vorgerd M, Brand-Saberi B, Zaehres H(2020) Human skeletal muscle organoids model fetal myogenesis and sustain uncommitted PAX7 myogenic progenitors. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.09.14.295832
- Weissert V, Rieger B, Morris S, Arroum T, Psathaki OE, Zobel T, Perkins G, Busch KB (2020) Inhibition of the mitochondrial ATPase function by IF1 changes the spatiotemporal organization of ATP synthase. Biochim Biophys Acta Bioenerg.1862(1) 148322.
- Dehnen L, Janz M, Verma JK, Psathaki OE, Langemeyer L, Fröhlich F, Heinisch JJ, Meyer H, Ungermann C, Paululat A. (2020) A trimeric metazoan Rab7 GEF complex is crucial for endocytosis and scavenger function. J Cell Sci. 133(13).
- Israel S, Ernst M, Psathaki OE, Drexler HCA, Casser E, Suzuki Y, Makalowski W, Boiani M, Fuellen G, Taher L (2019) An integrated genome-wide multi-omics analysis of gene expression dynamics in the preimplantation mouse embryo. Sci Rep. 9(1):13356
- Psathaki OE, Dehnen L, Hartley PS, Paululat A (2018) Drosophila pericardial nephrocyte ultrastructure changes during ageing. Mech Ageing Dev. 173, 9-20.
- Birkholz O, Burns JR, Richter CP, Psathaki OE, Howorka S, Piehler J (2018) Multi-functional DNA nanostructures that puncture and remodel lipid membranes into hybrid materials. Nat Commun. 9(1) 1521.
- Wingen A, Carrera P, Psathaki OE, Voelzmann A, Paululat A, Hoch M (2017) Debris buster is a Drosophila scavenger resceptor essential for airway physiology. Dev. Biol. 430(1) 52-68.
- Sellin J, Schulze H, Paradis M, Gosejacob D, Papan C, Shevchenko A, Psathaki OE, Paululat A, Thielisch M, Sandhoff K, Hoch M, (2017) Characterization of Drosophila Saposin-related mutants as a model for lysosomal sphingolipid storage diseases . Dis Model Mech. 10(6), 737-750
- Lammers K, Abeln B, Hüsken M, Lehrmacher C, Psathaki OE, Alcorta E, Meyer H, Paululat A, (2017) Formation and function of intracardiac valve cells in the Drosophila heart. J Exp Biol.220(10):1852-1863